Saturday, December 13, 2008

Testing, testing... 1-2-3-4-5... Is this thing on?

Hello World...

Well, here I am, embarking on a journey <-- (did I hear somebody say this is cliche'?) of epic proportions (at least for myself and those around me.) And I'm not talking about transitioning, though that is going to be a ride to remember! I'm talking about just trying to keep up with a blog, or some sort of record of my musings and ramblings.

You're all welcome to come along for the ride, though I can't promise that I'll be as thorough, consistent, and timely as some of those who have gone before and are my inspiration. As time goes by, I hope to have links to others who have inspired, comforted, and helped to guide me down my path.

As a way of introduction, I am a 44 year-old transgender woman (meaning born male) who has finally began to discover myself and am exploring where I've been, where I am, and where I may be and hope to be going. At present I present as Male 99% of the time... I have only been presenting publicly as female a handful of times and only for a few hours each time.

I am married and have young children (between ages 8 to 11). Though my wife (and children, sort of) know of my desire to transition, I have never presented female to them. My wife does not want to meet or see me, and she doesn't want the children to meet or see me.

Over the course of the next few blog posts, I hope to fill you in on where I've been and what I've been through, to bring you up to date on where I am and where I hope to be going. Then you can follow along with me as I author / discover / experience where this all leads.

Welcome, and thank you for joining me!

~ Sharon KathyJo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment